Saturday, June 16, 2012

We're Here!

Leaving Gallup NM in the early morning proved the best decision - climbing to 10,500' was easy and almost no bumps. Looking at the terrain below was like being on Mars. Where do these residents who live out here go to work? We figure they are all retired Feds who don't want to be found.

After landing (almost simultaneously with a VERY confuses male Bonanza driver) we met up with other racers and race officials who were really helpful and appreciative of the turnout. These women pilots are AMAZING! From all walks of life in all kinds of careers and families, they are truly facing the challenges of flight just to get here and be a part of this great race.
Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine,
    This is so exciting!!!!!!!! I forwarded a link to the race site to my dad so I'm sure he'll follow your progress too!
    "FaceTime" me from your iPad. My iPad ID is: punkpup@me.com

    Good Luck!!!!!!
    Pamela Streetz

    ReplyDelete